Calling all 16-23 year olds and their church leaders
Do you want to:
- Grow in faith, discipleship and confidence?
- Learn to live out your faith and discern and use your gifts?
- Develop a project that will help your church in its work and mission?
- Generate confidence in your church in nurturing young people as active disciples within the church family?
What is the ONE Opportunity Programme?
The ONE Opportunity scheme runs from September to August and applications are welcome from anyone aged 16-23 in the Yorkshire West District.
The scheme is designed to encourage, recognise and reward the participation of young people within the District in the Church’s life and mission. It gives them the opportunity to be involved on a part-time basis in the development of the mission and ministry of their churches at a local level. Click here for a short video to see for yourself what the ONE Opportunity experience is like and hear from the 2020/21 interns and click here for a short video showing the 2019/20 participants.
Up to thirteen young people will be offered a salaried position of three hours per week (on average) on a project that will enhance the life and mission of a church and enable the intern to work out their discipleship in new ways. Each intern is supported by a project enabler and a spiritual mentor from their local church or circuit, as well as by the District team of presbyter, coordinator and administrator.
All the interns are expected to be available to attend an induction day and three residential weekends in the District during the year. These enable them to be part of the community of young people learning and reflecting together.
How do I find out more and apply for the 2022/2023 Programme??
Download the Application Guide, Information Sheet, and Application Forms below or, for hard copies, contact:
Do call or email Amy if you’d like to explore this opportunity or have any questions about the Programme.
- Application Guide
- Application Form 2022/23 (Print Version)
- Application Form 2022/23 (PC Version)
- Information Sheet 2022/23
- Briefing Sheet for Churches and Circuits
- Spring Newsletter 2021
- Winter Newsletter 2020
- Spring Newsletter 2020
- Winter Newsletter 2018/19