Safeguarding is something that concerns everybody within the Methodist Church, because not only is safeguarding everyone’s responsibility, it is at the core of our faith and the mission of theMethodist Church. The Methodist Church believes, along with the whole Christian community, that every single individual has value and dignity, which comes from the creation of us all in God’s image and likeness. Therefore, we have a duty to protect people from harm.
The Yorkshire West District is committed to the work of safeguarding and we are proud of the principles embodied in the Methodist Church’s policy. It is our hope that safeguarding is undertaken with a smile and that those who need help will feel respected, listened to, and understood. We also hope that, even in the most difficult of times, a place of safety and support can be offered to create safer spaces for all.
If you have a concern, please contact our District Safeguarding Officer, Emma Goodley, whose contact details appear at the bottom of this page.
Advanced Safeguarding Module Training Dates
We have a number of dates coming up for the Advanced Safeguarding training. To book onto a session please follow this link.
Safeguarding Policies and Guidance
- Methodist Safeguarding Procedures, Guidance and Policies September 2020
- Model Church Safeguarding Policy July 2020
- Model Circuit Safeguarding Policy July 2020
- Yorkshire West District Checklist Safeguarding Media Use
See the Connexional website: https://www.methodist.org.uk/safeguarding/
- DBS Exemption Flow Chart
- DBS Exemption Form
- DBS Safer Recruitment Guidance
- DDC Methodist Quick Start Guide
- DBS Verifier Privacy Notice
- Form A Part 1 Registration Volunteers
- Form A Part 2 Volunteer Agreement
- Form C Office Holder Declaration
- Form D Key Holder Declaration
- Form Self Declaration
- Form Self Declaration Renewals
- Parental Media Consent Form
- Letting Property and Third Party Use